A checklist for your summertime backyard event
It’s that time of year again…grads graduating, brides and grooms marrying, families reuniting and you…you’re freaking out. Your lawn is nowhere near ready for that party, reception, or gathering you’re planning you need help NOW! First, get a brown paper bag and breathe into it. Better? Okay, now look over the handy checklist below and RELAX! You’ve got this!
One month before
- Irrigation Systems — You want that yard looking like a person could putt on it. Have an irrigation system installed now so that your turf is uniformly green and healthy looking by next month. (Hint: Make sure on the day of your party, you turn OFF the timer. Wet guests are not happy guests!)
- Garden Services — Clean out flower beds, stake any perennials popping up, and plant some awesome annuals now, so that they’re established by party time. Mulch beds and around trees for a polished look, to keep out weeds and keep plants moist.
- Landscaping — Now is a good time to have that water feature, fire pit, patio or walking path installed. Just imagine how impressed your guests will be. Don’t forget about outdoor lighting for a starry-night ambience.
Two weeks before
- Borrow/Rent — If you need special audio equipment, extra tables, chairs, or patio furniture now is the time to arrange to either borrow or rent those items. (We don’t recommend begging or stealing.)
Two to three days before
- Mow — To make sure grass is optimal length and there are no annoying clippings lying around that will stick to people’s feet, mow your grass now.
- Clean — Wash any patio furniture or chairs.
- Stock up — If you’re grilling, make sure you have plenty of propane or briquettes and lighter fluid.
Day of the event
- Sweep — Sweep patios, pathways, and driveway for a neat appearance.
- Decorate — Put out any picture boards, streamers, or decorations.
- Trash — Strategically place trash receptacles where guests can easily access them, making post-party clean up much easier.
That wasn’t so hard, was it? For help with MN lawn care, installation of an irrigation system or landscape project, be sure to give Rock Solid a call. We’re happy to help. (Heck, we’ll even come over and polish off that left over BBQ. That’s how committed we are to making your life easier and your event a success.)