If you’ve been a Minnesota resident for more than a year, you know that come November, we’re living on borrowed time. It could snow at any moment — before Old Man Winter moves in you’ve got to stop procrastinating and start in on those last few lawn care chores. Here are eight absolute must-dos you need to get done now:
- Cut back. Once your trees are dormant, it’s a good time to prune. When leaves are gone it’s easier to find and discard dead branches, see where you should prune, and determine how to shape your tree.
- Get in the garden. Pull out all those dead annuals and cut back your perennials, but leave grasses or seed pods that provide winter interest and food for the birds. Make sure to mulch around perennials to protect them and maintain soil quality.
- For the birds. Clean out your bird feeders, then restock them for the hungry little creatures who will visit you this winter.
- Mind on your gutter. Your mind should be on your gutter because that’s where dead leaves and other refuse can cause big problems. Clean your gutters twice a year, making sure to take proper safety precautions on your ladder, while being always mindful of overhead power lines.
- Go right to your waste. Get going on picking up and disposing of those leaves and yard waste. As tempting as it is to let this chore go, wet, moldy leaves can do incredible damage to your lawn in the spring. Either rake them or mow them into mulch, but get them off your grass!
- Turn on the pressure. Clean pathways and patios with a pressure washer. Don’t forget your patio furniture too. Once it’s dried, make sure to cover it and store it away for next year.
- All up in your grill. Even if you’re a diehard barbecue fan who grills all winter long, it’s still a good idea to clean it up now. If you won’t be using it until spring, make sure to cover it to keep parts from rusting over the winter.
- Summer’s gone, but we’re here to stay. Just because summer has gone away, doesn’t mean the pros at Rock Solid have too. Your best bet for a great lawn, irrigation system, patio, firepit or retaining wall next year is to call and book this year. We’ll come out and give you a bid and get you on the calendar so that you’re one of the first in line come spring. Best of all, if you book now, you lock in current pricing which could save you as much as 20%!
- BONUS! One final word from us at Rock Solid…THANKS! Thank you to all our loyal customers who turn to us year after year for their landscape, lawn care, and irrigation needs. We truly appreciate your business. Because we want to continue to offer you the very best products and services possible, we respectfully request that you take two minutes to complete our online survey. This will help us make improvements so that we can continue to serve you in the manner you deserve.